Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

This past weekend was different. It was different because it was the first weekend that Loren and I didnt get to hang out since school started and because the whole ashley family was together. Jana flew home late thursday night and she and dad flew to tuscaloosa friday afternoon to pick me up. Jana didnt quite think this was fair. Her comment on facebook last friday

"Flying with Dad down to Tuscaloosa to pick up my brother. Does anybody else think it is favoritism that he gets to fly home on Dad's plane and I had to fly Delta?"

I always knew I was the favorite. Thanks mom and dad for finally letting Jana know the truth.

Saturday was game day, but it was a bitter sweet game day. Ryans grandmother passed away late wednesday night so we went to gadsden to the funeral saturday morning. It was good to see everyone but didnt want to see everyone that way. Also pray for Beau because he is somewhere in the desert and was not able to be with his family.

Once we got back home it was time for another home cooked meal. It sure is good to have mom cook when I am at home because I dont cook that well for myself. As soon as we got done eating it was game time. And the phone kept ringing. Loren had told me that I was the updater. Kind of like the bottom line on espn. She would call and say "Updates please." Mom took it upon herself to docoument this.



Dad assumed the position in the chair during the game. He obviously wasnt as excited about the game as Loren was. Susie had to wake him up several times.

I guess Jana decided to get some popcorn during the game and didnt ask susie if she wanted any so she decided that she would just take a bite without asking.





Sunday we made another trip to gadsden to have lunch with Ninnie. Jana and I stoped by the lake after lunch and she attempted to ski. Notice the word attempted. This is usually where I would put a picture but it is hard to take a picture of somebody skiing when they never get out of the water.
The last picture is after dinner on sunday night. We really do love each other and we really do talk when we are all together but we usually always end up like this. Everyone with a computer in there lap.


Overall it was a great weekend. Cant wait for Loren to come back to tuscaloosa and for the First home game this weekend. If you get the urge please come visit this weekend. But call ahead to reserve some floor space because it usually fills up fast.

2 comments:

  1. it was very nice having both you and jana at home! like you said, Christmas in September. as for the "favorite" comment, i feel there will be much more said on that topic. me, Robbie & Nina still disagree on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now don't get me wrong,,I think you both are favorites.Daddy's little girl BUT MOM's only
    Boy.Now how about that.

    ReplyDelete