Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rest of Las Vegas

So I know we have been slacking on this whole blog thing. Sorry to everyone who checks it everyday. I know I check it everyday hoping that Loren will put something up there becasue she made it my homepage on my computer. I was informed yesterday that it was my turn so I am going to try my best.


We had a great first day in Vegas but we had 3 more days to go. We started out our 2nd day by going to the Venetian. We wanted to take a gondola ride but the outside was closed. We then found out there was one on the inside so we set out on a trek to find it. We never found the place to get on it but we did find lots of shopping and all of these umbrellas. Good thing we didn't find the start of the ride because it was like 40 dollars.

After the shopping we found the classic car collection. My dad would have spent the whole day in this place but we had things to do and places to be so we just made a quick stroll. I found my favorite car - the Shelby Mustang. Loren picked out what she thought was a cute car in the Woody and then found her good old jeep. Even though she has flashbacks of a power pole when she sees a Jeep I think she would have driven this old thing up the strip.

When we got through with the car place we decided to get bus tickets. We got on the bus and just rode to see where it would take us. We rode and rode and rode. Finally getting all the way back to the other end of the strip. We started out at M&M world. 4 floors of M&M's. Loren wanted something brown but for some reason they have everything you could think of in every different color except for brown.
Then on to the World of Coke. We had to get the Cokes in the glass bottle because they just taste so much better - a "MEXICAN" Coke to be exact. I told Loren to act like we had just one the race and to take a drink of her Coke. I also told her to turn the labels so the "sponsors" could see the label. I think I did a great job... Loren is still learning. The Coke store was this huge coke bottle. I wanted to get the whole bottle in the picture and Loren couldn't do it. (That's what the sad face is for.)

On our way back to the room that night we had to stop and see the water show. Just one show? Well of course we watched 3 or 4 again that night too. Then we walked through the Bellagio to get a players card. When you sign up for a players card they give you 10 dollars to play in the slots. Loren quickly turned her 10 dollars into 2.25. We had fun trying though but her sad face says it all when it goes to our luck gambling for the trip. We were a little tired after our second day and the pictures shows that Loren barely made it.

The 3rd day of our trip Loren was excited about. Our Limo driver the first night had told us about the Miracle Mile Shops. It was a one mile circle of shopping. I think that I played good shopping buddy again that day just like I had played nice earlier in the summer in Birmingham. Crazy shirts was a good stop.

Paris was on the way to the bus stop so we took a few pictures. Who knew you could go to one place and see Las Vegas, New York City, and Paris all in one day.

By now it was lunch time. Saturday was the 4th of July and Loren was a little disappointed that she couldn't be at home with her family to eat barbecue and watch fireworks so we made a stop at Margaritaville to eat some BBQ. The fireworks were later to come that night.

We had heard about $1.00 dollar Black Jack so we made our way down to the end of the strip to find the Sahara. Loren wasn't much of a gambler up until this point but she managed to perk up when it was really only $1.00 per hand. I think we managed to win enough to buy a bus ride back to the hotel. I think we were on our way to millions 1 buck at a time but we had to leave to go get ready for our show.


When we were in Rome for a few days in early June to see Jana my mom told us that we had to go see a show. I informed her that those things cost money and I didn't have any since I now support myself. She was greatful enough to buy Loren and I some tickets to see Love. It was a great show. Even I was impressed and that has to say something.

We got out of the show just in time to see the volcano show in front of the Mirage. We also managed to have a great spot for the fireworks. And of course we had to make our nightly showing at the fountain. I think we stayed for over an hour this time and stayed long enough to get front and center. At least we got a good picture out of the deal.

Sunday was the last day to play. So, we finally took our gondola ride!
And we went to the top of the Eiffel Tower to see one last show!But, then it was time to go home. We decided that getting up EARLY on Monday would be a great idea... Maybe we could catch an earlier flight home. Guess what?! IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! We sat in the airport in Vegas for SIX HOURS! AH!!!!!!!!
But, we safely made it home after being delayed in Atlanta. All in all it was a wonderful trip. Loren's mom and dad met us in Birmingham to welcome us back home. What was wonderful greeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment