Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Found a NEW Honey Hole!

For as long as I have been at school, I can't count how many times I've passed this little place!
Yesterday, while Dave and I were out trying to find a Redbox with the movie we wanted, we drove by the Tuscaloosa Flea Market. As you can see, they are only open three days a week. So, when we passed it yesterday, I asked Dave to remind me about going today! We both remembered this morning and I am SO glad I went. The ladies that worked the booths in this place were incredible and so were their finds! I immediately found a sofa table that I would have L.O.V.E.D. to have taken home, but I was quickly informed that it was already sold. *Tear*
I did, however, happen upon this jackpot of lovelies! I was/am still so excited!
There were a few pieces that I would have loved to have bought, but I'm trying to keep the milk glass purchases to special occasions so that I will always feel a flood of memories when I use that special piece!
There was SOO much to look at. And if you can tell, they're just stacked and stacked! There's even another shelf or too behind this bakers wrack full!
I had to finally just make myself pick up my purse and walk away :) Otherwise, I could've just sat down in the floor and looked through every piece! AH!
Growing up, my mom and Nana always had things that they collected or had that they just adored! I love that I think I have finally found my "something"! No one's using stuff like this anymore and I don't know why, but I think I will... I love being unique!

3 comments:

  1. Loren, how did your tests go? Enjoy your last free summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tests went wonderfully! Thanks for your sweet email!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad :)I knew you would do great!

    ReplyDelete