Thursday, May 13, 2010

Project One: FINISHED!

Here's to getting things D.O.N.E. this summer! Here are some pictures:

RUST-OLEUM: The best spray paint there is (in my opinion, I suppose). I've painted a few things with this particular brand of spray paint and it hasn't failed me yet.
Wire Brush: This was a new feat for me :) Mom said just "use it like a brush to get the flakes off". Well, I hope I did it right (she said that there wasn't a "wrong way" to using a wire brush... but, I bet there is)!
Last summer I inherited these super sweet patio chairs, a two-seater couch and a little table that all match! I was pretty excited and thankful but knew they needed a little love!
They weren't in bad shape at all, they just needed a new coat of paint... I had to decide between matte and semi-gloss paint, but once I got to the Wally-World and saw they only had three cans of matte, that made my decision easier on the finish!
This is just an up close of the before and after on the arms of the chairs. Notice that the iron looks great, condition wise, it just needed a little sprucing :)

I used the wire brush in a few places that were a little rusty, but other than that, these were a peach to paint.
And... My FINISHED product! I couldn't fit the little two-seater in the picture and still be close enough to show off my mad spray paint job, so here are the chairs and table.

I can't wait to find some cute cushions for these little beauties! Oh... the summer afternoon chats that will be had in these chairs...

I. CAN'T. WAIT!

2 comments:

  1. I have a vintage glider that Uncle Mikey helped me fine that need a new coat of paint. I have the paint, need the brush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA. You can borrow mine! I definitely WON'T be using it for a while :)I'm not even sure I used it the right way to begin with (oops)!

    ReplyDelete