Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Dinner - Yep, We Have 'Em Too!

Our Sunday's usually play out like this:
  • Church @ TCAT
  • Chores
  • Lots of TV
  • A good homemade dinner!

Today was no different! We had planned on spending some time at the pool, but we both agreed that a day off was in order. We have been talking a lot about places to live and what kind of houses we like and don't like, etc etc, so after we did some of those "up-keep" things, we decided to go look at some places we had found in the little free Crimson Homes catalog I had picked up at the grocery store. All of them were a bust, but we definitely figured out that some places were closer than we had once thought.

Later in the afternoon, I decided to go play at my usual honey-holes for a little "quiet time". When I got back, though, I was surprised by the sight I saw!

Nope... You are NOT seeing things! Dave had slipped off to the grocery store and come back with the finxins' for a good ole homemade Sunday night dinner - and I was super pumped! Grilled shrimp (with his special sauce), fried okra, baked potato, and corn was on the menu for the evening and boy oh boy was it sure to be good... no, GREAT!

We both enjoy fried okra so much, but... I don't (and WILL NOT) fry stuff (both for fear of hot grease and the fact that I'd rather have stuff cooked another way). Dave has this under control, though! And he LOVED shaking it up in the bag :) Want fried chicken? Nuggets are his specialty! Want some french fries? He can fry you up some of those, too! And now... Go ahead and add some okra to that list, because let me tell you... It was DELICIOUS! It tasted just like my momma's :)

Doesn't it look yummy? We need the smell-o-vision right now, because not only did it taste wonderfully, but it smelled SOOO good, too!I always look forward to good home cooked meals when I go home... but, after all these years, it's also nice to know that we've both picked up some skills from our incredible moms along the way in order to make our own Sunday dinners, too!
THANK YOU MOM(s)!

No comments:

Post a Comment