Monday, February 28, 2011

Ashby's Third Set of Shots

Our puppy's been a little on the hyper side of life the last few days, which made our trip to Dr. Shamblin a little interesting. But, Ashby Girl did such a good job at the vet today! She walked in the front door just like it was ours, and loved on all the sweet ladies that work there! She even showed everyone how she could be a big girl and sit on the exam table and "show out" like the other puppies she was hearing.

From the very first vet visit, I insisted that Dave take her picture on the table, so we could document not only her doctor visits, but also how big she's getting! Ashby Dog Ashley weighs 12.4 lbs today! That's a long way from the measley 4 lbs she weighed when we brought her home just a few weeks ago. She's growing so fast, and getter lighter every day... we just hope we can rid her of play biting and chewing on stuff :(

Here recently, she's gotten to where she wants to be one of two places in the car: my lap with half her body OUT of the window, or, in the backseat all by herself. So, leaving the vet, I just put her in the backseat to avoid her indecisiveness. Literally two minutes from home, I start hearing her heave. Next thing I know, this sweet puppy has puked in the car :(

...And twice more once we got inside. Seeing Ashby Girl not feel good is not so sweet. She let me hold her for just a minute, but insists on laying on the cool hardwood floor completely unbothered (which makes me sad). So, as I update you on our adorable little prize, she's all curled up, sleeping, on the hardwood floor, by herself - because she won't let me lay with her. Bummer.

1 comment:

  1. She is such a cute puppy! I'm sorry she doesn't feel well. But, she has two very good parents to take care of her!

    ReplyDelete