Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Couples Retreat

Last weekend Dave had conjured up a little surprise! He told me to pack a bag for the weekend - only to include blue jeans, no dresses - and be ready to go when I got home from clinical! Like usual, I figured he wouldn't be able to keep the secret for the whole week, but to my surprise, he DID! Here we are in the car, about to start our excursion and I am still clueless as to where we are heading. Luckily, he had told my mom so at least someone knew where we were going :)
Chic-Fil-A was our lunch stop Friday! It had become our usual Friday lunch place and Dave has become a little superstitious about it :)
At this point, I am still trying to get Dave to tell me where we're going. Tight lipped and everything - he never busted!
We made a little surprise stop by my mom and dad's houses, but... I wanted to surprise my mom so we didn't call. She was out having fun and we missed her but we did a little trick-or-treating while we were there and made a picture, of course!
It has started seeming like every time we take a trip, it's always on a race weekend. The last time we made this drive and there was a race, we came home engaged! So, it was kind of funny to drive by here again and remember the ride.
I was trying to get a picture of the "Welcome to Georgia", but I missed it and could only get this one!
Once we got to our destination - ATLANTA - Dave fed me a little bit of the plan. We were headed to the Varsity for a greasy hamburger for dinner, then to see "Couples Retreat". We didn't quite make it to the Varsity, but we did find a CPK at Atlantic Station! And.... The movie was GREAT! I would suggest it to anyone :)
Saturday morning was one of the two BIG surprises! We were headed to the Georgia Aquarium. We had been talking about going since it opened a few Christmas's ago, but have just never made it. Here, we are in the elevator headed to breakfast and thought we'd start our day with a picture!
At the petting pool, you could stick your hand in the tank and slide your fingers along the back of sting rays and sharks! They were slimy - yuck - but I'm glad I tried it!
This is the BIG tank where we watched them feed the fish and we ended up seeing this HUGE shark!
We found pumpkins and skeletons in most of the tanks and I got really excited!
"Ocean Voyager" was where the big tank was and all the HUGE fish!
We also went to see this 3-D show of a fish named DEEPO! It was pretty cute but we definitely jumped out of our skin a few times due to the special effects :)
This is a jelly fish! One of my favorites that we saw!
What a pretty picture!
NEMO! "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!"
This was a little "walk" through that you could crawl into and see the other side of the tank. Dave wanted to try it. Little did he know that it was only three feet high!
Here is a shark in the petting pool.
Me and DEEPO in the gift shop!
So, we asked a French guy to take this picture. I handed it to him vertically - and he took the picture horizontally. UGH. But, I guess it turned out ok.
Outside the aquarium! It was supposed to be raining, but when we walked out, it had stopped long enough for us to get to our car :)
Part Two of Saturday's surprise: Trick-or-Treating in Rome :) We were doing our usual Saturday football watching and somehow we got everyone together for a picture!
Dave was the perfect candy hander-outer! He enjoyed it SOO much!...So much exactly, that he always wanted to have his picture taken with the cute kids!
Sunday morning was the BIGGEST part of the surprise! Dave had planned with Ninnie for us to have a long awaited FRIED PIE making lesson! I was so very excited :)
He did such a good job! His were perfectly rolled out and round and everything!
He was SOOO very proud! His FIRST fried pie!
Now, it was my turn!
I need a little more practice getting my dough "round", but I think mine turned out pretty good as well.
All in all, I think we did a pretty good job! Thank you Ninnie for teaching us your secrets :) We thoroughly enjoyed our lesson and hope one day our fried pies are as good as yours!
After a WONDERFUL weekend of new adventures and FUN surprises, we were headed back to TTOWN! I had a paper to write. Our couple retreat weekend had come to an end, but this is definitely one I will not forget any time soon!
THANK YOU, Dave, for planning such a wonderful surprise! Fried Pie making again, soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment