Monday, November 16, 2009

Daves Trip

Last week I took what has turned into my annual trip to see my sister. The last couple of years I have managed to make it to Jana's first game of the year. I guess it started when I went to watch them beat Virginia Tech. The next year I flew to TCU only to get kicked out of the gym for not seeing eye to eye with an offical and the announcer. Last year I made it to George Mason for her first game at the new place only to find out that it was going to be a very long year. Wednesday afternoon I embarked on this year's adventure only to find out that the curse of Jana in the airport was waiting on me. I went to check in on the internet to find out that my flight had been cancelled so I rushed to find another flight which left me with two hours to take off and I was still in Tuscaloosa. Once I got to Birmingham that flight was delayed and it got delayed again once I got on the plane. This left me to make a mad dash in the Atlanta airport which by the way is no fun at all when you have done nothing in the way of running in the last few years.

Once I made it to D.C. Jana picked me up and we ate at C.P.K (California Pizza Kitchen) The pizza was great and we then went home to watch the C.M.A. Awards.

On Thursday morning we went to the office at 9:30. Thats right. I would hate for the poor girl to have a real job that started before 8:00am. And come to find out Coach Porter doesnt want to see her that early because word is she isnt a real happy person. I took a picture of her clock in the jeep to document the time that we arrived at Dunkin Doughnuts on the way to work.

Practice started at 12:30. You could tell that this was going to be a much better year than last year just by walking into practice. Last year everyone was kind of down but this year people were joking around and having fun with each other. That is until somebody screwed up which didnt make Coach or Jana to happy.

I know its a tough job but somebody has to do it. And since we got to work oh so early I just wanted to note what time it was when we went home as well.


After practice and a little time in the office Dad took Jana and me to Ruth's Chris for dinner. This was my first time but probably wont be the last. We just have to make sure dad is close by when the bill comes :-). Thanks again dad. After dinner we made it to REI where I thought I had picked out some real nice hats until I got home and showed Loren the pictures and she said "NO"!

Friday was game day and everyone was much more excited about this game than they were anytime last season. The picture below has Mike, EJ, and Jada in it. I guess they ran through the banner more than once. Must be nice to have Coach as a mom and be able to run the whole gym just like its yours. Because if anyone stops you all you have to say is my mom said I could and they just let you go. Thanks again to Coach and Mike for naming their little girl after Jana and me. I always knew that Jada was short for Jana Dave.
So it wasnt quite a packed house at the start of the game but by halftime there was a pretty good crowd. They won their first game which brings them to 1/4 of the wins they had all of last season. Good luck to everyone. Jana just know that they are young and they will make a lot of mistakes early in the year. Losing sucks but please answer the phone at least a day or two after a loss. Until next year, Roll Tide and GO Mason.


No comments:

Post a Comment