Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Day of Shopping

Dave and I met each other at the Galleria yesterday (Saturday) to hang out and catch up. I've been home a week and a half now and we thought it was time for a little date - little did I know he was actually going to be a GOOD shopping buddy! YES, surprise, surprise! We shopped ALL DAY and he never once pouted or strategically planned to buy a cookie cake so that we would have to leave the mall (oh what a story that one is).

In the midst of this wonderful outing, we both found/bought some really cool things. MY f
avorite was the fabulous buy I ended up getting on some linen pants, while I was most excited about Dave finally buying a pair of loafers. Now, to the casual individual this may seem like such a small and pointless thing to become excited over, but for me... I was beside myself. For at least two years now I have been trying to get this boy to invest in some type of shoe he can wear when flip flops aren't quite appropriate but dress shoes are completely over-kill. And the day FINALLY came :) I could not believe my eyes when I simply suggested the stop into the Clarks store and we came out with a pair of nice, dark brown loafers! {NOW, everyone just keep your fingers crossed that he actually wears them before they dry-rot and he LOVES them!}

After having Chic-Fil-A for lunch and spending at least an hour in Brookstone playing with toys and being massaged by the four thousand dollar chairs {HA! lost your breath, too didn't ya?}, we had to swing back by the Great American Cookie counter for Dave to close the chapter of his shopping trip with a double doozie cookie - just as Sandye used to do for him as a child.

Before leaving the Galleria to meet some friends at the Cheesecake Factory for a little mingling and an afternoon snack (for me at least, Dave already had his cookie), we decided when we got out to the parking that we would take a picture of our successful shopping trip! We were so proud. So, I, per usual, dug my camera out of my "Mary Poppins" bag and propped it up on the toolbox of Dave's truck. In the process, Dave had placed his double doozie cookie on the tailgate so that we could be goofy for a split second and take a picture. {This is the point in which I would usually post a picture, BUT... I've missed placed my cord, so NO picture} Neither of the pictures we took turned out remotely ok, but we laughed, said our temporary good-bye's and got in our separate cars heading towards the Summit. As soon as were pulling into the parking lot to meet our friends, Dave calls. "You'll never guess what just happened..." Well, with me being the eternal worrier that I am, I immediately started thinking the worst. But before I could start spitting out scenarios, he jumps in with, "I laid my cookie on the tailgate and drove off without getting it. My double doozie's in the parking deck." You would've thought something BAD had actually happened - or at least I did before I heard "COOKIE".

To say the least, Saturday was filled with lots of laughs and good times. From returns to cool finds, it was a shopping adventure I know I won't forget any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment