Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I FOUND ONE!

WooHoo!

I've been super busy since getting back from our weekend at the lake... AND Rome :) After spending all afternoon on Tuesday submitting applications and taking surveys for a job at St. Vincents, I GOT ONE! I will be working in the pharmacy at the hospital in Birmingham - which I'm super pumped about! I absolutely LOVE this hospital and have always wanted to be a part of the wonderful hospital family that has for so long taken such good care of me and my family. Me and my brother and sister were brought home from this marvelous place along with all THREE of my nephews. And although I'm sure there are other places in this world just as worthy of my praises as St. Vincents is, I could not be more excited about getting my foot in the door here!

SO... I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to my sister for helping me find a job and for all the sweet prayers that were said in order for me to find something for the summer. I hope to learn a lot and continue my pursuit of greatness in the medical field... and at St. Vincents! I go Friday for orientation and then I start working on Monday!
---------
{As for my trip down there today to take care of a little "housekeeping" business - paperwork, testing, etc - It ended up being one doozie of a day. I got the paperwork handled with NO problems, except for the fact that I had put my social security card in a safe place at school making it IMPOSSIBLE for me to take it with me today. BUT... because of my wonderful partner in crime :) Dave managed to email a color copy to the office that they happily accepted! YAY! After paperwork I was directed to an "occupational" lab type place that obviously deals with getting people set for hire, workman's comp, etc. Well, I go in thinking I'll be out in 15 minutes or so. BOY OH BOY was I wrong! An hour later or so, I was called back only to find out that I was not only getting to pee into a cup, but a TB skin test AND... blood had to be DRAWN. Now, I understand that to most of you reading, this should've been something I am ok with - going into the nursing field and all. NEW FLASH: I am NOT ok with having MY blood drawn! But, also contrary to popular belief, and actual happenings of times past, I did not cry or faint! I did however make sure the guy knew I was a "hard stick". That DID NOT, however, keep him from sticking me TWICE. I was not happy about this and so, took it upon myself to find a good vein the second time around to MAKE SURE there would be no third stick. Sure enough, I had found a good one! Trying to be a big girl - which doesn't usually happen when getting blood drawn - I leaned my head back and started praying, trying to keep myself from crying. The TB skin test was next and he - the RN - made quite the little bleb under my skin and OUT the door I went! I happily found my mom and sister waiting for me in the car to release the stress and lightheadedness I had managed to conjure up from my not so "quick" office visit. Lets just hope its smooth sailing from here on out!}

No comments:

Post a Comment