Saturday, October 3, 2009

Kentucky: Away Game Weekend

FRIDAY NIGHT
I kicked the weekend off by attending my LAST 3-11 clinical shift of the semester :)


You folks don't know just how happy I am! I have been counting down the days since the semester started. Yes, I blogged about how awful I thought this whole set-up was going to be, but turns out, I adapted to the changes in routine and found that I ended up getting a LOT more done during the day before going to the hospital than I ever thought I could! I managed my time as well as I could, keeping my schedule as normal and regular as possible. Sure... I could've slept until one o'clock Tuesday through Friday, but instead, I got up every day by eight and started my day with studying - of course! I didn't always like it, but it proved to be a good learning lesson. My mom had told me in the beginning that this wasn't something to be upset about, and like ALWAYS, she was right. Thanks Momma!


Here is a picture of my clinical group and our instructor, Ms. Randolph. I've had a BLAST with these girls the last six weeks and can't wait to see what happens over the next six! We got out of clinical Friday afternoon around four o'clock and I was SOO very excited. Dave and I haven't actually been on a Friday night date since school started because of my lovely schedule, so we decided to head out to enjoy one of our favorite pass times - the MOVIES! "LOVE HAPPENS" was the feature presentation of the night (per my choice) and turns out, I probably didn't pick the best one to watch - EEK! But, like always, Dave said it was good. (I wouldn't recommend paying the extra $ to see it in theaters. You can definitely wait until it comes out on video if you're dying to see it like I was!)


Per usual (as well), we got there early enough to watch the previews - PLUS an extra ten minutes to waste! So, we decided to take our usual picture in the car :) Doesn't Dave's haircut look nice?
After the "OK" movie we headed Downtown towards the Piano Bar. People have been RAVING about how awesome this place is. It is in a Restaurant/Bar that's been around for a while, but now they have these two guys on dueling pianos playing whatever it is you want to hear. We ended up staying about two hours and I kept thinking to myself, "Our parents would ABSOLUTELY love this!"

So, PARENTS... You must come down and hang out with us at the Piano Bar one night!

Below is a picture of Dave trying to request a song while Beth, a girl that we've gotten to know over the years of going to eat at Phil's, is yelling at him to do/write something for her. It was kinda funny. Guess you needed to be there.

SATURDAY - GAME DAY!
For the game, we decided to watch the first half at Dave's... Kinda get a feel for how we were going to play, and then go sit outside somewhere for the second half.


We watched the second half outside at the Houndstooth in the wonderful fall weather we've been having, grabbed some lunch at Baumhower's Wings, rode to Meg an TC's for a minute or two, came home and grabbed a nap (or I did at least!) and settled in for the big Auburn game! Looking back, I should have better documented our day, but the only picture I have is one from us watching the Auburn game tonight (POST cute outfit and nap of course - SORRY!).
SPECIAL NEWS:
*Now that we're almost half way through the season - AND SCHOOL - birthdays in BOTH of our families are going to start!
*A special Happy Birthday shout out to Sandye! Her birthday was on Monday :) Hope the kids at school were well behaved for you!
*Coming up next Saturday... My mom's birthday! Can't wait to celebrate, Momma! See you soon!
*OH... Dave's chair is starting to make funny noises and every time he hears a new one he goes, (in a sad voice) "I think my chair's about to break". Keep your fingers crossed that this chair does NOT break. I think we will have MAJOR issues if this crisis transpires! The kid doesn't sit anywhere else!

3 comments:

  1. Dave I like the haircut. And I want to try out the piano bar too! Does that make me old since you thought parents would enjoy it? And one more thing...you should ask Mom to get a tune up for your chair. Didn't she say she would get it recovered for you? Maybe they can reinforce it while they're at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the chair: best I can remember, it was purchased for mom in the late 70's. It's time it was making weird noises! I'm glad you two had a nice weekend. Loren, happy birthday to your mom next week! Dave, I like the haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave things do wear out, I really like your hair cut, do you think we might could get someone we know to do like-wise? Loren you look mighty cute in your uniform. Glad you like the work.

    ReplyDelete