Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkins, Charlie Brown!

Oh Boy! We got to carve pumpkins tonight!

I've been wanting to carve pumpkins for two weeks now and we've never been able to coordinate our schedules in order to be able to do this. So, this afternoon I made it a point to make the time for Dave and me to carve our pumpkins. Dave surprised me with the first pumpkin Sunday afternoon, but per usual, I had a test on Monday. He asked me today if we could carve them and I immediately decided I could make some time this afternoon :) He said he wanted to do his own pumpkin this year, so that meant we needed one more. Let the digging begin!This is Dave, doing the not so dirty work. Just wait, he'll push it towards me in a minute to let me dig the goop out :(This would be my reaction to the inside of Dave's pumpkin... The back of it was starting to rot and the insides were getting slimy! EEWWWWW! I did NOT enjoy scooping that nastiness out!Who am I kidding? I love scooping out the pumpkin! I get them so much cleaner than Dave does :)Um hum... Being goofy while I do the yucky work!Thinking about how to approach his design. Yay for Mickey Mouse! You did such a GREAT job! I am so very proud!Cleaning up the mess he made while carving. Concentrating on my pumpkin :) (**Momma, you would've been gasping! Saying, "Be careful. You're going to cut your hand open!")Happy Halloween! At this point the wind is starting to pick up and it's starting to sprinkle. I was trying to hurry!YAY for Mr. Moon!M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E, Mickey Mouse!
Now, every one needs to go buy some pumpkins, sit down with a friend and carve a funny face! Even if you don't like Halloween, pumpkins will get you in the spirit!

3 comments:

  1. Am I allowed to vote for my favorite pumpkin carving or would that just start a fight? HAHA You guys are way better than me...I though I was doing good decorating my apt and I only have a pumpkin candle and dishtowel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) We had a blast! This was the first year Dave actually carved one by himself - I mean, I still had to scoop out the insides, so maybe he only gets half credit! I'm opening the floor for votes, though! Any maybe next year we can work on getting you to carve a pumpkin and we can post pictures and have a sure enough contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pumpkins look great.I say you both should have a prize.I have a decoration of small pumpkins (that Ryan got for me )on my porch, They look pretty.Have fun.

    ReplyDelete