Monday, October 26, 2009

Tennessee: Fourth Saturday in October

It's that time of year again...

It's the FOURTH SATURDAY in OCTOBER = Time to beat the Vols!

Our weekend started out with an exciting dinner with the Brown clan! We had a wonderful waiter that just made the evening remarkable and funny people to top it off! We, of course, made our usual stop by the Houndstooth to kick off the weekend with one of my favorite guys!
Saturday morning we got started bright and early! Tailgating on the Quad proved to be an exciting pass-time while we awaited our 2:30 PM kick off. The grills were going, the people were bustling... but once again, we were waiting on the satellite. Dave's got it down pat, but we had some issues this weekend.
SO, while we waited, a photo-op presented itself! Here is Glenda and Steve! (Sorry you're looking away. Both of the pictures were like this!)
And here is a VERY happy Alabama fan waiting to attend her FIRST game at Bryant-Denny! What a game to make your first :) I'm so happy you experienced one of the greatest games ever!Even though being physically ill by the end was NOT what any of us bargained for! While taking our weekly walk around the Quad, I managed to snag a little girl playing football with the boys and asked her to take a picture of me, my mom and brother. I really wanted her to get Denny Chimes in the background. She did, but I had to play with it a little - EEK! All in all, I'm happy with the picture! It'll do Donkey. It'll do.
Lunch at the Delta Zeta house did not fail us! They even decided to put up tables in the library in order for the Brown family to sit, eat lunch AND watch football all at the same time! How nice of them :) Down the table shot... HA!
AND... from the opposite direction now!
I don't know why, but I've always LOVED taking a big family picture outside the house! For so long it has been my home away from home... I hope it always will be!
Seating in the student section at Bryant-Denny hasn't ever been the easiest situation. Granted, while Greek affiliated, we never really had a problem. Now that we're semi-big kids, though, we don't really know where to go! We found ourselves in the new part of the end zone in the "Athletic" section. The people were nice and there wasn't any drunk college kids flailing cigarettes everywhere - OH WAIT! There was ONE drunk girl, that we thought might buy a first class ticket to the ER for stitches, but she caught her second wind shortly after the game got under way and managed to find her footing! I was just happy there was no blood!
Getting excited waiting on the game!
Dave wanted to get a picture of the fly-over to send to Beau, but I don't know that either of us got a good one! (Hi Beau! Hope all is well! This was as good as we could get!)Here we go! Big Play... We need a BIG play!
Making our way down the field. Need a TD... Need a TD!
Four Field Goals later and TWO blocked field goal we squeak by... 12-10! We were PUMPED!
After about losing my lunch and having to beg Dave to stay for the last two minutes of the game (because he was mad and didn't care anymore), we pulled out another "W" and walked away elated! We're taking bets on another Daniel Moore print, so keep your eyes peeled! My daddy sent me a WONDERFUL picture today that I feel certain will be the new print!
Thank you again to my wonderfully sweet family for another amazing weekend!
ROLL TIDE! See everyone in two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. That game was TOOOO much for me! After "the block" I yelled so loud that Cocoa (Tygar's dog) starting barking! It looks like all of you had a great time. What's up with the satelite???

    ReplyDelete