Thursday, March 10, 2011

13 Weeks and Another Vet Visit

Because of our sweet girl heading off to Puppy Camp tomorrow, we had to bring her back to the vet for one more set of shots :(

She doesn't seem to mind the place, even though she always leaves in my arms... feeling a little "urpy".

Today when we put her up on the scale, our little lady weighed 14 lbs! That's a 1.6lb weight gain in a week! WOW. I was not expecting that at all!
As always, she acted like a big girl when we put her up on the table and didn't even cry when she got her two shots!
On our way out today, though, one of the ladies said she needed a little trim around her eyes. If you let their hair get too long in that area, it will actually start to scratch their eyes (and that's obviously not good - who knew?). So, while I had her in my arms, I asked the lady if she would just go ahead and trim her. **Please Note: I had a v.e.r.y. hard time with this. I was not expecting my puppy to already need a hair cut and had not mentally prepared myself for the change it would make in her sweet face.** The nice lady sweet obliged and Ashby stayed as still as she possibly could while having her little face trimmed. Now don't get me wrong, I want our puppy to be taken care of and not get her eyes scratched, but man... she's still just a puppy :(
I am happy to report that our car ride home was a lot less eventful than the last trip to the vet, and Ashby Dog Ashley is already jumping and biting at our legs! That's her, though... and we love every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment