Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lunch Surprise

Dave and I have both been trying to make trips home a little more often since Christmas. We both decided this last week that we would go to our respective locations and spend a few days, but what we didn't think about was how much we would miss the other!

This has been the first time I've been away from Ashby Girl in three weeks, and I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss her! Dave and I FaceTime as much as we can, but it still doesn't fill the void :(

This morning, not long after I woke up, Dave sent me a message asking what I was doing today. I told him I had no plans and he quickly told me he and his dad were going to fly to see me and have lunch... and that Ashby was coming, too! Talk about being super excited!
She did so well on the flight over! I was so proud of her and uber happy to see her sweet face! My mom and I met my sister at Peter Cottontale this weekend (a craft exhibition) and I found these sweet, Ashby-size bows to put in her hair! Aren't they just so cute? I 've been looking for some doggy-bows for her, but haven't been able to find any. When I found these on Saturday, I just knew she had to have them! And they actually hold tight enough in her hair!!! Dave isn't loving them, but I sure am getting tired of people coming up to us and saying, "HE's so cute!"... HELLO - SHE is NOT a boy!!!
Growing up I never really cared for puppies, but since we've gotten Ashby Girl, I can't imagine our little home without her! She's leaving us on Friday for Puppy Camp, and we're already feeling it :( As silly as this sounds, keep her in your prayers that she has a wonderful time and does cry too much when we leave (I think we'll be taking care of that one for her!).

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the bows!!! And, in 43 more school days, I can make these lunch trips!

    ReplyDelete