Saturday, August 7, 2010

UA Commencement Ceremony, August 2010

Saturday Morning, 0645!
Davis might not seem very happy in this picture, but please do NOT let it mask the utter delight he was feeling about being a college graduate! He's simply expressing to you how he feels about having to be up so early in order to be a part of the commencement process :)
Yep... That particular gown is specially made for those who are not vertically challenged like me!
"Over... Under... Swoop Around..." Or something like that, I think :)
All put together and ready! (*Can you tell he's excited NOW???*)
After figuring out where my man was, I made a quick little trip down a "few" stairs to try and snap a better picture. I am sorry to report that my little point and shoot Nikon pocket camera doesn't make the best pictures in the coliseum :( With that being said, I apologize in advance (especially to you, Dave) that the most important pictures of the day are not of a better quality. BUT... that still doesn't take away from the love and excitement we all felt for this gentleman!
It's FINALLY Dave's turn!
So, I thought I was being smart! I thought I could snap a picture of him shaking hands and I accidentally got the kid in front of him :( I was so sad. I did, however, get him from the neck down. If you'll look closely, he's the one in the top right... from the waist down that is :)
That's Dave walking down the stairs (once again, I am TERRIBLY sorry!).
CONGRATULATIONS, University of Alabama Graduates of 2010! Hello World! Here they come!
(On the phone with my daddy. He couldn't be here today due to work, but he was on top of calling to congratulate Dave!)
The very PROUD Ashley family! Way to go, Dave!
Post ceremony Dave needed a little lunch! Little did he know he had fans at his all time favorite eatery... who thought he had just graduated from YALE UNIVERSITY!
So, I love BBQ as much as the next, but ribs... they're a little messy ;) I love this picture, however because it reminds me of a picture Dave has from the day after I met him (wearing a bib and everything). I didn't actually know him at that point, but was happy I ran into him that New Year's Eve oh so long ago! And... in true Ashley kid fashion, he would have his mouth open and F.U.L.L. of food (yuck!).

I love you kid, and I am so very proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment