Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thanksgiving through Christmas RECAP (finally!)

Here is the LONG awaited recap :) I have done this particular blog TWO TIMES now, and somehow I have hit some button both times that has deleted everything, so... I am going to post this one quickly. Sorry again for the absence! Hope this gives all of you a little taste of our holiday! It was a great one, let me tell you...


IRON BOWL - Let the game begin!
How NICE it was to see this score board in OUR favor! Pasadena, HERE WE COME! Daddy and Dave were SO excited! Mom and I had been shopping ALL day and had stories of our own, but this picture says it all!

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! ROLL TIDE :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY: December 1, 2009 - YAY!!!
WOW, what a day! Here is Dave showing off his new black loafers. Too bad they were too big. I had been a little sneaky in the month or so leading up to his birthday. I had checked to see what type of brown loafer we had bought this summer and then made sure about the size. WELL, when we tried these on that day, they were TOO BIG :( Rats...
Later that evening, we met Sandye, Mike, Ninnie and my mom in Birmingham at Sweet Bones! But, before dinner, we made a quick detour to Clarks in order to switch his loafers for the right size! Here is Dave holding up his rolling pin Ninnie gave him! When we had our "private fried apple pie lesson" Ninnie had asked Dave if he had a rolling pin. He said no, so she fixed that! I know that was a special gift for him :)
Please notice in this picture that Mike has my reindeer antlers on :) This is priceless!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME: December 19, 2009
Momma and Daddy have ALWAYS made my "burfday" so special. On this particular morning, they took me to Hardee's for breakfast before I had to head to work (at Griffin's) for a little while! The lady at the counter overheard Daddy say it was my burfday and she gave him a candle to put in a chocolate cupcake for me to blow out! I must say, this was turning out to be one of my favorite burfday's!
Dave surprised me at work and took me home so that we could head down to my grandmother's for my dad's family Christmas. After leaving my Granny's house, we decided to mosey our way to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. What was supposed to be a two hour wait turned into fifteen minutes (and take my word, that is a FUNNY story)! While waiting for our dinner, we opened presents and took the time for a few photo ops!
I know that my family DREADS what's coming when they see me pull out my camera and ask a waiter (or whomever's available) to take a picture, but I also know that one day that will be so thankful and happy I captured those special moments! I know this day was a particularly special one for me :) THANK YOU!
MERRY CHRISTMAS from The Brown's!
Below is my daddy with Parker and Daniel. To say they love the Tide is an understatement :)
This Christmas was extra special for a lot of reasons. One being Jaiden was finally old enough to open his own presents! It was a blast to watch! You would know, though, he had more fun with Dave pulling him around in one of the boxes than any of the actual toys he got!
Sleepy baby :( Santa came so awfully early to his house.
Here is The Brown's Annual Family Christmas Picture... Except for this year, we were ROLL TIDE to the nine's! What can we say, we're drinking the kool-aide!
YAY for mine and Dave's annual Christmas picture :) This year was extra special though. Dave made it to my house just as I woke up! He got to truly experience a Brown Christmas, from unwrapping to cleaning up!
Here is all of our stockings back on the mantle. Our family is definitely growing! But, please, notice the pretty red and white traditional looking stocking! That would be mine. I came home in that stocking, 23 years ago :)
HELLO NASHVILLE *YEE-HAW*
Momma, Daddy and me took a little trip to Nashville after Christmas and what a nice get-a-way it was! We stayed at the Opryland Hotel (which was beautiful) and made our way downtown a time or two! Here, we were about to go into the Ryman Auditorium! This place was amazing! We all decided that going back for a performance (of someone's) was an absolute MUST! I can't wait!
Just around the corner from the Ryman was Tootsie's! BOY OH BOY what a place. Even though it was 5 o'clock in the afternoon, this place was a-hoppin'!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS - Thank You, for bringing home #13!
The Saturday after the National Championship was won, we all found it necessary to go take some pictures around the stadium. Here, we are standing in what is soon to hold Saban's statue! Yes, folks, it's already in the works. GET EXCITED!
We had also heard that the trophy was going to be at the Wal-Mart (yes, people, WAL-MART) on Skyland. Yeah, sure, it's just a piece of glass... But this is a HUGE part of history and we were going to go to experience it! We didn't stand in line for the official picture, but I think we got a good one just the same :)
OK... Explanation of this picture: Over the break Momma and I found these two beautiful black picture frames and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them! I took a picture of us on the day were got engaged in Central Park and a picture that my sister took (you've seen some of them posted on the top of our blog), transformed them into a sepia print and then hung them up in my room. You can't really tell in this picture, but they turned out wonderfully!
This past Sunday, Momma and I made our way down to the BJCC for the Southern Bridal Show! I was so excited! We had heard about it while I was home over Christmas break, and had decided then to make the plans to go. So, even though it was raining when we left, we didn't let it rain on our "parade"! After stuffing our face all afternoon with cakes and food of all sorts, talking with photographers and destination wedding people (because we're thinking about a beach wedding), we sat down for the fashion show and raffle. I am sorry to say, I did NOT win the FREE, ALL INCLUSIVE HONEYMOON VACATION. But, I'm ok with that, because I had a wonderful time with "my friend"!
WHOA! What a recap :) Hope you guys feel like you are caught up in the lives of Dave and Duck! Stay tuned... LOTS of updates will be posted this coming year! And if someone you know isn't following, you should tell them THEY NEED TO!
Hope all of you are well and we get to see you soon.
--LB

No comments:

Post a Comment