Thursday, February 4, 2010

4 YEARS... Can YOU Believe It?

HAPPY FOUR YEARS, Dave Ashley!
Four years ago today, I ran into someone (for the second time) that managed to turn my world in a million and one different directions :) Little did I ever image that we would be here - a little more than a year away from getting married - but I couldn't be more excited!

(The card in short: The old lady has noticed a funny smell and has called her fella out on it! This is VERY appropriate! I knew Dave wouldn't mind if I shared!)

Today also kicked off what is to be a very special weekend and week ahead - kind of, in a "we have three special days that we celebrate" way. Dave and I officially met on New Year's Eve. Then, two months later, we ran into each other again on a Saturday night at my pledge sister's (Sarah Vetrano) house. We watched the Super Bowl that next Sunday night together, so Dave likes to say that was our "unofficial official first date". I like to think our first date was the Kenny Chesney concert, but I guess he is kinda right ;) So, with TODAY being SPECIAL DAY ONE, Super Bowl Sunday has always been SPECIAL DAY TWO.

The third is a day that I have loathed growing up. A day that I dreaded every year about the start of February... Yep, you got it: Valentine's Day. I don't know why I don't like it, nothing bad ever happened. My parents always made it special... I was always my daddy's valentine... I just always thought it was a silly holiday and refused to participate in making valentines for the class and anything else that remotely resembled my liking of the day. When Dave came along though (a mere ten days before this horrendous holiday), he hadn't quite grasped my dislike for hearts and all things pink... Bless his heart, he tried to make it special... He managed to pull off a surprise dinner at my apartment that all of my pledge sisters were in on. It didn't make me like the holiday any better, but I did find it sweet that he tried to make me change my mind. Ever since, this 14th day of February has become our SPECIAL DAY THREE and the end to our celebration.

BACK TO TODAY, however! For those of you who don't live around here, Chick-Fil-A has been offering FREE breakfast all week! Never fear, we are there :) We had decided last week when we found this wonderful news out, that we were going to make it a point on our special day to take part in the free breakfast. I had my second test of the week this morning, so I was up studying, ready to go... Dave was not. I got a phone call and a car honk letting me know he was ready. But, we got to share breakfast together, and he'll look back and love me for it one day!

Dave isn't quite awake yet, nor is he happy I'm taking pictures :)

I had forgotten to get the lady at the window to take our picture, so here is one before me getting out of the car to take my test!

The rest of the day entailed catching up on shows I had missed this week, taking a little adventure to check on our new Daniel Moore print (additional points added here for the nice little conversation we had with the lady at the frame shop) and last, but not least, dinner at The Waffle House! Yep, that's right... TWH! I wasn't really feeling like a tummy full of sugar, so I got a Texas Cheesesteak (YUM)!

Our day might not seem that exciting to you, but I had a blast. It's been nasty and raining here all day, so being able to just sit around and watch TV, eat a TON of calories and have a few little escapades here and there, was perfect.

Thanks for letting us share our special day with you!

3 comments:

  1. Mom, maybe you can explain to loren why i sign the card with my whole name? she asked me today and i didnt quite have an answer except i always do it.

    I also have the best fiance because a bill of 9 dollars for an anniversary dinner. I mean who really gets off any cheaper than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've enjoyed watching you two for the past four years...whenever we do get to see you, anyway. Looking forward to warm weather and visits at the lake. Congrats on setting a wedding date. You two are very special to me and Kerry. Take care!

    ReplyDelete