Sunday, February 14, 2010

SNOW. FUN. LOVE.

These three words encompass my WONDERFUL weekend :)

I had been planning on going home this weekend for a while, but was going to try to make it a surprise like I did last year. This did not quite work out like I had wanted, but that was okay! I packed my things Thursday evening with the weather in mind. It took me a little longer than usual, but I was prepared! Dave and I had been conscious of the weather and knew there was a possibility of "snow" on Friday, but doubted (HIGHLY) it would come to fruition. To our surprise... this is what I woke up to:
OK... Now let's think about this. I am currently living one and one half hours away from my HOME. Driving in such "wintry" conditions is not something us kids in this area are used to. Saying that, I was not convinced that heading home was going to be copacetic - on my part or my mom's! At the point I saw this scene though, I was still not convinced school had been canceled. So, I continued with my morning rituals, thinking I was going to attend my nine o'clock class. Dave called fifteen minutes before I was going to leave to walk to class and informed me class had been canceled. NOW came the question of whether or not to make the drive home. I quickly RAN across the parking lot to his house, made him get up and tell me that it was ok to drive home :) After getting his approval, I set out for my drive home.

I made it safely home, although there was NO excitement whatsoever about the pending situation. To me, it was a MESS! I felt like it might as well just rain because I didn't think it was going to stick anyway. BOY OH BOY was I wrong. Our front yard ended up looking like we lived somewhere up north. (**At this point I thought I had left my camera at home so I took pictures with my mom's camera. I don't have them at the moment, so check back for pictures!**)

My mom and I did brave the "winter weather advisory" conditions and made our way to the Thrift Store and the grocery for some essential items, but quickly found ourselves wrapped up in our p.j.'s! Daddy got home all safe and sound, and joined us ASAP! I must admit, there's no better place to be stuck with crappy weather than at home!

Homemade hamburgers from "Pat's Place" (mom's kitchen!) were on the menu for Friday night, and Daddy wanted to grill them! I came out to help and add Dave's special sauce on mine and Daddy's burgers and just happen to snap a picture in the process! Even though it was C-O-L-D outside, OH MY, those hamburgers were delicious :)

---------------------
SATURDAY:
Daddy had to work, but he woke mom and me up with an extra special surprise before he left!!! BREAKFAST, balloons and special time with him! I love these times (because Daddy and I both share this deep LOVE for breakfast! It's the best meal of the day! :)

After breakfast, it was just me and Momma and we headed out on our normal Saturday adventures! My aunt came along to play with us and man did we have some laughs!
We shopped until our feet HURT but we found most everything we set out for! Saturday night was a replay of Friday night :) Warm and cozy in our p.j.'s all snuggled up on the couch, only this time, we were watching Apollo Ohno skate for a medal!

-----------------
SUNDAY - Happy Valentine's Day!:
Growing up I LOATHED this holiday! And although I LOATHED this holiday, my parents always made it special. I've already told you about our surprise from Daddy, but today Momma was making lunch! We had found these special cut ribeye steaks at the grocery on Friday and just knew we had to have them! LOOK: They're HEARTS! She made the BEST meal you could've asked for and we didn't have to wait TWO AND A HALF hours to get it (ask Dave about that story)! While we were getting ready for lunch, though, mom and I made Rice Crispy Treats, Brownies AND Pigs-In-A-Blanket! Talk about excited :0) We "accidentally" ate half the pan of Rice Crispy Treats before they really got good and firm, but we just like to know they're "SAFE" for everyone else to eat :) After lunch.... we needed a NAP!
We all assumed our positions in our normal places on the couch and loveseat and proceeded to watch all those lovey-dovey, sappy movies they show on this horrid day! While we were watching, however, another lovely winter weather advisory came across the television and I knew I probably needed to get on the road a little sooner than I had hoped. After packing my car with all my homecooked goodies, I set out for school - most unwillingly. I HATE leaving home... it should have gotten easier by now, but it SOOO hasn't! I could tell the weather was changing the closer I got to school and was happy to be back in enough time to get everything inside and settled. When I opened my front door, I was surprised by a SURPRISE:
Cupid must have made a stop by my house while I was gone!!! So, I opened the card and found out who they were from...Then, I found a BIG card... Kinda like the one I got FOUR years ago:
What a surprise! Even though Valentine's Day has never been a holiday I like to make a big deal about, the special people in my life always know how to make it great!

THANK YOU...

Momma and Daddy for always being my special valentines! I couldn't imagine this 14th day of February any differently than with you :)

Dave for making today special in a "you" kinda way for the last four years! I know you said four years ago that you were going to make me like Valentine's Day, but maybe it's better our way - no big hoop-la!

2 comments:

  1. I hope the two of you had a wonderful Valentine's day! And, I can't wait until Dave has to buy 30+ roses!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve sent my first roses 10 years ago. We had only been dating a couple weeks and it was for my birthday. He was on his way to Alabama for Thanksgiving and I was still here. I don't care how many times he gets them, they are always special! This year I got 3 red roses for V-Day. They each gave me one. Actually, Henry threw his at me!

    ReplyDelete