Sunday, February 21, 2010

TEA!

So... Dave and I always stop by Ninnie's going to and coming from Rome :) When we stopped on Friday, she gave me a lesson. Yep, you got it... it was for TEA! (And for those of you who think I'm silly because I don't know how to make "tea", YOU my friends are silly for THINKING you know how!)

Let back up just a little though! I had emailed Ninnie about two weeks ago asking for her recipe for tea. Some things had gone wrong with her computer, and she had just gotten my email sometime in the last few days. So when we got there on Friday, she met us at the door, excited to teach me! The pleasure was definitely all mine, though! I LOVE being in the kitchen with Ninnie, learning how to make the things she has always made for Dave!

This afternoon, after Dave and I got home from church, I decided I was going to attempt this process! We had already talked about it and he agreed that no matter what my tea tasted like, he was going to pretend to love it and drink EVERY drop! With knowing that, I had a little bit of the pressue taken off of me :)

And so, I began another "Ninnie makes it better" adventure!

Of course you need a "LITTLE" sugar....
(You can't see it that well here, but out of a 2 quart jug, the sugar is filling about half of it!)

...And some tea...
... A special ingredient, and then you're all done!
The TASTE TEST was next! I thought my tea looked a little dark when I first made it, so I initially figured Dave would HATE it... But, I was W-R-O-N-G! Dave loved it! He said it was as close to Ninnie's as anyone could ever make it! (**Please note how super pumped I am at this point!**)
I am now considering this recipe **TOP SECRET** - especially after I got the stamp of approval from Dave - unless you go to Ninnie's and get your own special lesson, that is!

3 comments:

  1. First of all,this is such a suck up post! I am still her favorite! Dave is just being easy on you because he loves you. He has been so MEAN to me in the past! Ninnie's tea is better, Ninnie's hamburgers are better, nobody can make a birthday cake but Ninnie, blah, blah, blah!!! I'm happy that you have gotten approval! With Dave, that is hard to get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA!!! I'm just happy he didn't spit it out the moment he turned up the cup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that lesson went well.I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete