Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

Our Super Bowl Sunday started out planning on going to early church. When my alarm went off early church got delayed until regular church time. After church it was time for homework. I had to get that all done before the big game. Not 30 seconds after I was done Loren called. Its like she knew that I was free. She needed to go to publix and didnt want to go by herself. She warned me before we left that she really didnt know what she needed to get and boy was she right. 1 hour later we were done "shopping" at publix. This girl can shop at a quicky mart if you let her. It was all that bad because I got the urge to make a chocolate chip pie. The results are below. I sure do hope its good.


Before I could eat the pie we had to eat dinner. Hamburgers it was. Loren wanted a chicken breast but it was frozen and we didnt have time to thaw before the game.

I decided tonight that my special sauce goes good on everything grilled. First time for hamburgers tonight and they were pretty good.


Another success of publix shopping were super bowl cupcakes. And they were on sale because it was only an hour before the game.




You even get a super bowl ring. I am pulling for the colts and Loren is pulling for the saints. We will see who has to do the dishes after the game. The commercials are pretty good so far as well.


4 comments:

  1. So, how was the chocolate chip pie? Wish I had some. As for shopping, Loren has the right idea! Look at everything, then decide. My favorite commercial was the Dorito dog collar one. You two have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told him before we left I didn't know what I was going to get... and he said that was OKAY!

    And I won the pick (of the team that I thought would win)! He didn't want to post that news :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you all have been updating! I haven't checked in for a bit and was pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave, blogging during the big game? How manly of you.

    ReplyDelete