Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Book Buy-Backs - What a J.O.K.E.!

Over the weekend, Dave had gotten an email saying that The UPS Store was buying back books this year! WOW! That's a new one. The email claimed to give back the most money for your books and then they would donate and portion of the monies.

Sounded like a good idea, right?
WRONG!

I had gone through some of my nursing books that I haven't needed in the last two semesters and thought I might could get some extra change, too. WRONG! Sixteen dollars is the most they were going to give me for five books (one book = $14.00, that book originally cost me $89.95 and the other one came in a bundle, but I know it was worth more than $2.00)!
We drove around campus comparing buy-back prices until Dave found a store that would give him almost as much back as what he originally paid for them. Me on the other hand, just kept all mine. I'd rather give them away to someone who can't afford to buy books than to sell them back to the bookstore and have them re-sell that same book for a gazillion percent more! It's insane!
Moral of this post: Book company's are ripping students off... and it infuriates me to no end!

No comments:

Post a Comment