Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Water Jug

As a child, my brother and I grew up with a glass water jug (much like this one) that had been my Gran-Gran's. It housed LOADS and LOADS of change that my daddy would empty from his pockets nightly (minus the $1.25 in change he would make sure to leave on his dresser for the next day's "pocket change"). One night, while rough-housing in my brother's room, something happened in the way of me pushing Samuel or him falling (or something), and the next thing we knew, his head hit the glass jug and shattered it :( I immediately started crying (because my this point, my Gran-Gran wasn't around anymore and I knew that this glass jug was irreplaceable). Momma made sure everyone was okay and didn't scold us near enough. I could tell we had just taken something from her... something she couldn't make better. Since that night, long ago, I have been looking for a glass jug similar to my Gran-Gran's. And one day, I'm going to come upon another one - hopefully not having to pay $65.00 for shipping off of ebay! Even still, I think it would be worth it!

Have you ever broken something special and tried to replace it?

No comments:

Post a Comment