Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April!

It is so hard to believe that Easter is only three days away, but I am so elated that God has blessed us with the most wonderful weather this week to honour his Son!

As you may already know, this was/is a test week for me. I have been studying outside the majority of the week in order to keep myself (a.) awake, but (b.) to enjoy the weather! I made a little trip to see one of my professor's this morning for a little fetal circulation chat, and found a special little "happy" on my way!
Are these tulips not ABSOLUTELY gorgeous? The color... The simplicity... AH! I LOVE TULIPS!

I wish I could revel in the fact that I have awesome camera skills and that these shots (taken with my little Nikon digital pocket camera) are creative or something... But they're not :) They are, however, beautiful in a "WOW, look at how amazing our Creator is" kind of way!
Beyond the meaning of Easter, in and of itself, I L.O.V.E. the fact that the Dogwood Trees' white flowers bloom just about every year on the weekend of Easter at my house, and how our campus consistently plants tulips in the same beds as the pansies so that for a few short weeks, there is this amazing combination of color and texture going on - it too, happening right around Easter! More than anything though, it makes me think of His love and suffering for us and how, at the end of it all, His arms are open - ALWAYS!
I hope you guys are getting to experience this "wonderful-ness" of Spring, yet in the midst of it all, remembering, too "the reason for the season"!

1 comment:

  1. I had white tulips in our wedding. Your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete