Saturday, July 2, 2011

Did I tell You? I got a job!!!

Yep, that is correct.

After MONTHS of job hunting, applying to countless positions and praying daily that God would open a door, a spectacular offer was placed in my lap - an offer that was just right, in all ways possible!

Everyone remember the horrible storm that passed through so many of our neighborhoods on April 27, 2011? Well, I most certainly do... and not only for the devastation it caused, but also because I was scheduled for an interview that morning. Dave and I knew there was a potential for the weather to be bad, but never imagined it being as bad as it was.

I woke up to the strongest, loudest straight-line winds I've ever encountered and quickly realized this wasn't going to be an ordinary day. I scrambled to get ready, say a prayer and made sure I wasn't going to be going at this alone. We (yes, we... Dave offered to go with me and I definitely wasn't going to deny the moral support he was offering up) left TWO HOURS early for my interview, and it's a good thing we did. It took one hour and forty-five minutes to drive 20.6 miles across town. Yep. Sure did. And I was nervous the whole flippin' way. But, we made it. I had a two and a half hour interview and then we came home and spent the rest of the day terrified of the unknown and then in awe of the aftermath and devastation of a place we had called home just six days before.

April 27th was such a bittersweet day... But little did I know, that Friday, April 29th would be one of the best to come. After all the sleepless nights and wonder and worry I had spent on my job search, the one I had been offered managed to hit a home run. I had been worried that when I found a job, there would be an issue about me getting married and needing to immediately take some time off. With the job I was offered, though, orientation didn't start until the Monday after we got back from our honeymoon, so our NYC/Honeymoon adventure plans turned out to be just perfect.

We returned from The Caribbean on Saturday, May 22nd, and I started my new job on Monday, May 24th. I was so excited, but so scared all at the same time. My "big girl" life was quickly unfolding before me, and I knew I needed to strap my seatbelt on tight and hold on... It was about to get super busy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment