Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wedding Weekend Recap

To say we had a good time wouldn't even begin to describe our time in NYC.

The four days we spent in New York were nothing short of MAGNIFICENT. Every day was perfect - from the moment our feet hit Northern soil on Thursday, until we left and headed way down South in the pouring rain early on Sunday morning. My daddy likes to describe our weekend adventure as "magical"... and Daddy, I couldn't have said it better myself.

To recap, Dave and I left on Thursday so we could take care of "business". We had to be IN the city a full 24 hours prior to being married so we decided it would be best to plan one extra day as a buffer just in case something were to happen that would keep us from making that 24 hour requirement. So, our "Business Trip" Day = Thursday, went like this:

City Clerk's Office

Magnolia Bakery - for the most decadentcupcakes I've ever put in my mouth

Meeting with our wedding photographers

Tickets to be a part of the taping of The Late Show with David Letterman

Dinner with some wonderful people

A late night in Times Square
Friday was a fun day.

We got up early to be on The Today Show

Made our way to the Empire State Building

Fought the crowds through Penn Station

Got drug across the BIG Piano in FAO Schwartz

Had a moment in front of Tiffany's

Eased some sore muscles in Brookstone

Went through the NBC studio tour and saw the SNL studio (man is it small)
Friday night we made our way to Central Park for a quick run through of how things were going to be the next morning and then made our way back across town for a fun and lovely dinner at Ruth's Chris, only to top the night off with a big group picture in Times Square.

Saturday... Where do I begin?

M.A.G.I.C.A.L.

I couldn't have imagined a better day. It was everything I had ever hoped my wedding would be... It was one of the most spectacular days I think I've ever had. It warms my soul to the ends of the Earth and back to know that every thing came together just so... wonderfully, that I still almost cry thinking about it. I loved that day... every part of it. Not a minute was bad - not even the hours leading up to me tapping my husband-to-be on the shoulder in my ivory wedding gown, with my closest friends and most loving family wrapped around us. It was perfect.

And even though there are over 500 pictures I could lovingly place on our blog for you to see, I'm just going to give you a taste.

Saturday afternoon Dave and I headed back to our special place in Central Park. When we were up there two and a half years ago, we came home with a list of things we wished we had done. This time, we were determined to cross some things off!

First things first, a boat ride!
Most importantly, a New York Yankees Baseball Game
So maybe our wedding "process" was a little different from the quid-pro-quo, but like Dave and I have talked about so many times, we wanted it to be a fun and memorable adventure... and I think we accomplished that.

Special thanks to my mom and dad for making my magical weekend more than I could've ever imagined it to be! Thank you to Sandye, Mike, Ninnie and Jana for being onboard with an adventure of a lifetime! To my brother and sweet friends: You guys are amazing and I couldn't imagine such a special day without you being there. To Doug, Kevin, Jason and Jeff: You guys are incredible. Thank you for helping us along the way, for making beautiful pictures, and for all the advice and direction you gave us through phone calls, emails and friends of friends. You four gentlemen will forever hold a special place in our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment