Sunday, July 3, 2011

Yard Work and Gardening

Yes, those are two separate entities around our house, maintained by two separate individuals. Both of which, however, have been working very hard to make our house a home!

Dave's been throwing fertilizer and watering our grass like nobody's business since April. When we moved into our new little abode, the grass was, well... lacking a little life. It needed a lot of love and a ton of attention, and that's just what my man gave it! He now has to cut it at least twice a week and the neighbors are beginning to inquire about what he's using to make it look so good. That makes me so proud... and I know it makes him feel good, too. He's worked hard to make our little place a home, something that's got our little stamp on it, and I think he's done a wonderful job.

On the other end of the spectrum, I've been tending to plants. A colorless yard drives me crazy, and though I know very little about plants and flowers, I have four lovely ladies that have been giving me wonderful advice on what I need to plant, where it should go, and how I need to keep it alive (key word there being alive). So, while Dave was gone to Boston, I bought some red Begonias and Jew (this lovely, hardy purple stuff) and started digging away at our front yard.I planted them once, waited a few days and decided I didn't like the way it looked, so I dug 'em up and planted them again. I think I like them now, if only a certain yard man would keep his lawnmower wheels from running over them, I think they'd live :)

Beyond that, Sandye sent me some hosta that I separated and planted in the back yard along with some daisies and day lilies. I'm praying it all lives, or at least makes it through the winter and comes back strong and healthy next year. We shall see.

I've been thankful for the rain we've been getting and smiling when I pull into the driveway. It's so nice to have a little color smiling back at your when you pull up at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment