Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Lord's Prayer is How We Should Pray

Here's the thing, though... it's hard TO do...

Sunday's message at church was on The Lord's Prayer (Matthew 6: 5-11), and it's really been tugging at my heart this week. In a "get to the point" kind of way, the guest speaker simplified it like this:

"When you look at The Lord's Prayer, it can be broken down in two ways: by seeking after God's greatfulness first ("your name, your kingdom, your will") and then bringing to Him our needs ("our bread, our debt, our deliverences"). Instead, most of us approach our Father asking, telling and letting him know what we need to happen before ever acknowledging Him."

WOW! That melted my heart. No one has ever put those verses to me in quite that way, and over the last couple of days, I have felt so convicted. So many times, I go my Father asking and begging for something, rarely realizing that He already knows my heart's desires. Instead, I should be thankful... for more than I could ever fathom.

Just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment