Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saturday: Puppies and Movie Date!

After Daniel's game we decided a movie was in order. I had looked up some times for several different films, and.....

Shutter Island won!
We were a little early for the movie, so we stopped at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. The cow was walking around taking pictures with some of the customers, and you might know, I had left my camera in the car :( After we left, though, we found something that caught Mom's eye in the parking lot of the theater!
Mini Poodles!
Mom brought the sweet little thing over to the car so Daddy could have a better look...
...But, Daddy wasn't as excited as Momma :(
Mom has wanted a little puppy off and on for a while now and these definitely started tugging at those heart strings. Daddy on the other hand... well, the picture explains it all.
Back to Shutter Island. I don't know how many of you were like me, but I had made up my mind that this was NOT a movie I wanted to see. I had to make sure before we went in that I had someone to volunteer to sleep with me IF I came out slightly "off". Good news though, it was better and MUCH different than I had thought! I didn't watch the trailer before going to see this movie (which is something Dave always makes a point to do) and I'm kinda happy I didn't. It was much better seeing the movie play out in a different way than how I had made my mind up thinking it was going to be. I don't know if it rates high enough on my list for the movie theater prices... but it's definitely worthy of a rental!

2 comments:

  1. I don't do scary movies! When I was in high school, I went to see the first "scream" movie - gosh that's telling my age - and made my dad stand at the door and wait for me when I came home! I was terrified! When we used to 4-wheeler ride at night, I would refuse to be the last 4-wheeler when we stopped for a rest, thanks to Blair Witch Project! I've had to get braver, for my Buzzy. He may be worse than me with the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA... Yeah, that sounds like me. Sometimes I can talk myself out of the terror, but others I can't. And... I must admit, I've never seen The Blair Witch Project. Growing up, the two lots across the street from our house were densely wooded and we lived on a cult-de-sac... Needless to say, I didn't need anything to worry about :)

    ReplyDelete