Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thank You, Mr. U.S. Postal Man!

Back at the beginning of this semester, we (the fourth semester nursing students) were offered an opportunity to apply for a summer internship working in an acute care setting at one of a number of hospitals around the area, to further skills we've learned in previous semesters and have a better one-on-one experience. Reluctant to apply, I talked myself into taking an application one afternoon with the intent of thinking about giving it a shot. It was a simple application - name, some HESI scores, and clinical instructors I have been under since nursing school started. Pretty easy, right? Well, I decided that if I didn't apply, then I certainly wouldn't have the opportunity, and my parent's always taught me that if I didn't try, I would never know. (**I love how little things like that come back to you after all these years!**)

With saying all of that, I turned that piece of paper in almost a month ago and until I received an email on Monday about these "certified letters" going out sometime this week, I had kind of forgotten about it.

But, on this dreary March day, one postal man would change my summer plans, in a very good way! Momma called me this afternoon, certified letter in hand, asking if she could open it. "OF COURSE!" The contents of that certified letter informed me of my acceptance into this summer internship! I officially have a summer job!

Thank you Lord, for opening doors and providing opportunities!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS LITTLE!!!!!!!!! Soooo happy for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you! Your parents words will come back to you more often the older you get. Shhh. Don't tell mine I said that!

    ReplyDelete